Zimbabwe Football Association have issued a statement to deny reports of player payments row.
As reported on Futaa this morning, ZIFA were alleged to have been dishonest over the payment of the Zimbabwe national team players. Leading the team to threaten to boycot tonight's AFCON 2019 opener against Egypt.
In an urgent reaction to the allegations late last night, ZIFA have broken the silence to deny the reports. ZIFA released an official statement on their website:
1. The Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) would like to reiterate that the Warriors have remained focused ahead of opening Group A match against Egypt on Friday (21 June 2019) .
2. Warriors have not ventured in any Industrial action or strike as reported in some social media circles.
3. ZIFA and Warriors have signed a contract and both parties will honour and respect all contractual obligations.
4. ZIFA values the welfare of players and shall never abdicate from its responsibilities.
5. The opening match of the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations between Egypt and Zimbabwe will kick off at 10pm.at the giant Cairo International stadium. The match will be broadcasted by over 200 Television channels.
6. ZIFA urges all Warriors fans to rally behind the Warriors in this prestigious 2019 Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
The opening match of the tournament is still scheduled to get underway at 22h00 at the Cairo International Stadium.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!