Wolves and Arsenal will both view this as a match they cannot lose if they are to achieve their respective European ambitions.
Match context 🐺 🔴
Arsenal slipped up at home against Crystal Palace, ending a run of ten consecutive home wins in the Premier League and it has complicated their Champions League qualification hopes. Their most recent away win at Watford ended a terrible sequence of results on the road, and they must get something here to go above Chelsea again in a tight top four race. Wolves are without a win in three matches since beating Manchester United, which includes a 0-0 draw against Brighton last time out at Molineux. The Gunners may well view a draw as a point gained rather than two dropped.
Head to head 🤺 ⚽️
- Arsenal is unbeaten in their nine previous Premier League encounters against Wolves, recording victories in seven of them.
- Wolves are winless in 16 top-flight fixtures against Arsenal (D4, L12) since a 3-2 victory at Highbury in 1979.
- Wolves are without a home win versus the Gunners in all competitions in nine games (losing eight of those matches) since a 1-0 triumph in October 1978.
- November's reverse fixture finished 1-1, with Arsenal equalising in the 86th minute.
- Wolves have won only two of their last nine Premier League fixtures (D4, L3).
- Arsenal has lost four of their last seven away matches against sides currently in the top half of the table.
Facts & bets 📊 💰
- Arsenal hasn’t lost against Wolves in any competition since September 1979 in a top-flight clash, winning 16 of the 20 meetings since (D4).
>> Back Arsenal in the double chance market priced at 1.43
- Wolves have never beaten Arsenal in the Premier League in nine previous attempts (D2 L7), the most they have faced an opponent in the competition without victory.
>> Back an Arsenal win priced at 2.40
- Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been directly involved in 10 goals in his eight Premier League appearances against promoted sides, scoring seven and assisting three.
>> Back Aubameyang to score anytime priced at 1.83