Leicester City host a struggling Aston Villa in their Carabao Cup semi-final first leg on tonight with both sides looking to take a first positive step in their bids to secure a spot in Wembley's final.
The Foxes will be desperate to mark what has been a fine season so far with silverware, while a Wembley outing for Aston Villa could help to distract from their ongoing relegation battle in the Premier League.
📋 Team News
- Long-term absentee Matty James remains sidelined for Leicester, while there are concerns about the availability of Wes Morgan, who is struggling with a groin injury.
- For Villa, first-choice goalkeepers Tom Heaton and Jed Steer are both injured, so Orjan Nyland will deputize for Villa. Striker Wesley is out for the season with a knee injury while John McGinn is also set for a significant spell in the stands.
🔮 Predicted Lineups
- Leicester City: Schmeichel; Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell; Ndidi, Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy.
- Aston Villa: Nyland; Guilbert, Konsa, Mings, Taylor; Luiz, Nakamba, Hourihane; Trezeguet, Kodjia, Grealish.
📊 The key stats
- Aston Villa has scored 16 goals in the League Cup this season, six more than any other team.
- Aston Villa has won their last four League Cup matches, last winning five in a row back in October 1994.
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has progressed from his last 30 domestic cup ties with Liverpool, Celtic, and Leicester – the last team to beat Rodgers was Aston Villa in the FA Cup semi-final in 2014/15, when he was Liverpool manager.
- Leicester’s James Maddison has scored four goals and assisted five in his last eight League Cup appearances, scoring in each of his three matches this season.
💰 Futaa best bets
🌚 Futaa Moonshot bet
- Back a 3-1 scoreline at fulltime priced at 7.50
📲 Follow Leicester City vs Aston Villa live on Futaa!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!