Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is ranked higher than Lionel Messi in the transfer market, according to a report from the CIES Football Observatory.
Sterling had a fine campaign last season, sweeping all domestic trophies as well as bagging the PFA Young Player of the Year. He has started this season like a house on fire after netting a hat-trick in the season opener against West Ham United.
The CIES Football Observatory calculates the value of players in the big five European leagues based on age, form, results, position, league and 16 other variables. CIES has placed Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe at the top with a whopping €252m price tag.
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah beat Sterling to second place after he was slapped with a value of €219.6m. Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is 20th with a transfer valuation of €118.1m, €7m less than that of Romelu Lukaku.
CIES Top 20 most valuable footballers
1. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): €252m
2. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): €219.6m
3. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City): €207.8m
4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona): €167.4m
5. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund): €159.4m
6. Sadio Mane (Liverpool): €157.8m
7. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur): €155.2m
8. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool): €144.2m
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona): €143.8m
10. Leroy Sane (Manchester City): €137.1m
11. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City): €136.9m
12. Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City): €130.6m
13. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool): €130.2m
14. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona): €129.4m
15. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan): €125.2m
16. Paul Pogba (Manchester United): €125.1m
17. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): €124.7m
18. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United): €123.5m
19. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): €120.7m
20. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus): €118.1m