Roma will aim to capitalise on two winnable Serie A games closing out February before Lazio and Porto present different challenges.
What are we expecting from their match tonight against Bologna and what bets are we placing on betPawa?
Roma will be out for revenge after falling to a 2-0 defeat at Bologna in September’s reverse fixture, yet the struggling visitors are seeking a Serie A (SA) season double over their illustrious opponents for the first time since 1966/67. Roma needs to win this game and then the following one against Frosinone to build momentum for what will be a huge couple of games - away to Lazio in the Rome derby and then the 2nd leg of the Champions League round of 16 away to Porto. Roma has conceded in each of their last eight Serie A home matches, so they will likely have to outscore their opponents here again.
Team news & man to watch
Roma will be without young striker Patrik Schick and Daniele De Rossi might be rested with Roma's testing schedule in mind. Lyanco, Rodrigo Palacio and Riccardo Orsolini will likely all miss out for Bologna. With a brace in Roma's 2-1 win over Porto fresh in the memory, keep an eye on teenage starlet Nicolò Zaniolo.
- Roma is undefeated against Bologna in the pair's last four meetings.
- Roma has conceded in their last eight home matches in Serie A.
- On average, Roma has picked up two points per home game this term. In comparison, Bologna’s average per away game is just 0.67.
- Bologna has only won once in 12 away games in Serie A this season.
- Bologna has failed to win 15 of their last 16 matches in Serie A.