It's very easy for the news to pass you by in the week, so Futaa have put together a round-up of the most important stories from the past few days - and where to read more about them on our website.
The past seven days being a FIFA international week, most of the headlines were therefore dominated by national team news.
- African football icon Samuel Eto’o retires at 38 (full story here).
- Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) pulls out of a friendly game against South Africa due to xenophobic attacks in SA (full story here).
- Nigerian midfielder workhorse Wilfried Ndidi makes the English Premier League’s top five hardest-working players (full story here).
- Arsenal and Ivory Coast Nicolas Pepe withdraws from national team call-up duty (full story here).
- Former Chelsea striker and Senegal’s Demba Ba inspires black players to ‘get out of Italy’s Serie A’ (full story here).
- Xenophobic attacks in South Africa force Madagascar to cancel friendly match trip (full story here).
- Nigeria Football Federation approach Chelsea star Tammy Abraham to play for the West Africans giants (full story here).
- Somalia make history by winning their first-ever World Cup qualifier game (full story here).
⬇️ Get the latest Chelsea FC Live scores, commentary, results and stats on the Futaa Live App, with over 1000 teams, 100+ leagues and the lowest data usage. Download it now at the Google Play store, it’s only 3mb!