NPFL kicks off, Lobi & Enugu games postponed
The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) 2019 season gets underway this weekend, with two matches facing postponement.
The new season will run from 13 January to May with 24 clubs that are placed in two groups.
Promoted teams from the NNL Super 8 Play-offs:
- Insurance of Benin
- Remo Stars
- Kada City Stars
- Gombe United.
Two CAF Confederation & Champions League representative, Enugu Rangers International, and Lobi Stars- won’t be able to honour their opening fixtures due to continental commitments this weekend.
- Lobi Stars vs Katsina United
- Enugu Rangers vs Niger Tornadoes.
MATCHDAY 1 (GROUP A)
- Kwara United vs Sunshine Stars
- Enyimba vs MFM FC.
MATCHDAY 1 (GROUP B)
- Nasarawa United vs Abia Warriors
- Plateau United vs FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Kano Pillars vs Heartland
- Akwa United vs El-Kanemi Warriors
Three more days and then we back!!!— NPFL (@NPFLOfficial) January 10, 2019
Who else is excited? pic.twitter.com/1flIqy2hOM
All games will be played on Sunday 13 January.
Read more: All the lastest Futaa news on the NPFL