Tottenham vs Ajax: Bet on Ajax to end a seven-year win drought against English sides and triple your money
Tottenham's squad will be pushed to the physical limit here and they'll have to do without star striking duo Harry Kane & Son Heung-min. Can they cope against the youth of Ajax?
What are the key stats ahead of the clash and how are those informing some of our bets?
Tottenham vs Ajax preview 🏆
A Champions League semifinal that not many experts would have predicted. Spurs and Ajax are two of the youngest sides in Europe. Christian Eriksen will be Tottenham's key man and he'll want to make a point against his old side. The Dane swapped Amsterdam for London in 2013 and he's become the key creative force behind Mauricio Pochettino's project with the North London side. Spurs look to have third place tied up in the Premier League, so all of their focus will be on the Champions League. It's an intriguing semifinal in store, with Ajax having already eliminated heavyweight sides Real Madrid and Juventus.
Can they reach the final? A score draw in London will certainly hand them a strong advantage. With two high-energy pressing sides on display here, it might boil down to a case of survival of the fittest.
Key stats 🤺
- Tottenham is aiming to become the 40th different side to reach the final of Europe's elite club competition, and the eighth English side. Chelsea was the last team to make their debut in the final in 2008.
- Tottenham have won both of their previous meetings with Ajax in all competitions, winning both legs in the first round of the 1981-82 Cup Winners' Cup (3-1 away, 3-0 at home).
- The average age of Ajax's starting XI in the Champions League this season has been 24 years and 257 days – the youngest of any of the semi-finalists, and second youngest of all 32 teams to take part in the competition this season.
- It has been 22 years since Ajax last appeared in a Champions League semi-final. They lost to Juventus in the 1996-97 edition.
- Ajax has only won one of their previous six meetings with English opposition in the Champions League. This victory came against Manchester City in October 2012, just short of seven years ago.
- Ajax's Dusan Tadic has scored 21 goals in his last 26 matches across all competitions.
- Ajax's Moroccan star Hakim Ziyech has 18 goals & 14 assists across all club competitions this season.
Futaa Bets 🎯
- Bet on Dusan Tadic to score anytime against Tottenham priced at 2.65
>> [bet now]
- Bet on Hakim Ziyech to score anytime against Tottenham priced at 3.60
>> [bet now]
- If you want a moonshot bet, back Ajax to win priced at 3.15 💣
>> [bet now]