A cross section of fans feel the Kenyan Premier League (KPL) giants AFC Leopards’ declaration that they will not honour the weekend Top 8 encounter with Gor Mahia is not justified.
The KPL table toppers are scheduled to play Gor Mahia on Sunday 29 July at the Moi International Sports Centre (MISC) Kasarani but have insisted they will not show up despite the organisers going forward with the necessary arrangements.
In a poll conducted on futaa.com on the subject, 1,994 Kenyan football followers took part and of the total, 44%, translating to 880 voters thought the move was right but the rest, (56%), which translated to 1,114 found no justification for the stance.
AFC Leopards had cited lack of proper consultations by the organisers for their decision to give the match a wide berth. They also failed to show up in the pre match security meeting on Wednesday 25 July at Kasarani.